Strategic Mortgage Broking
The importance of your Mortgage Strategy is underestimated and misunderstood due to the focus on interest rates. This is costing Australians many thousands of dollars over their lifetime.
An effective mortgage strategy will create wealth the following ways:
The bad news is that if you structure your debt incorrectly you will already have incurred an opportunity cost that you can never get back.
The good news is that it is never too late to get your Mortgage Strategy right.
The great news is that one of our 40 plus lenders will pay us for the doing the work for you.
Are you interested to learn more? Book personalised strategic mortgage broking review with a member of our team today.
What our clients think about us
Property planning Australia helped us get our first mortgage for our new family home. The whole process right from the start to the very end was incredible. Everyone who we dealt with were always so helpful and were able to answer any questions we had, they always kept us up to date with what was happening. Even after we had purchased & settled on our home they contacted us to make sure everything was going well with the home. I would highly recommended Property planning Australia to everyone. 10/10 experience.
Jesse, Southport QLD
Property Planning Australia were excellent; they were so supportive and understanding, answered all questions and we were so glad to have them in our corner during such a stressful time as we bought our first home.
A really great team. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone who needs a strategic mortgage broker.
Alice, Forst Hill VIC
I’ve been using the mortgage brokers at Property Planning Australia for almost 10 years (refinancing and mortgage for new investment properties). I’m now searching for a home hence, needed help with using equity from my existing properties and a new loan. Andrew Edmonds has been awesome in providing me with the best options for my situation and getting the equity for my deposit loan approved + a better home loan rate :-). I definitely wouldn’t have been able to do it on my own.
Angelina, West End QLD
David Johnston and his team have been an incredible resource and asset to my husband and I. Their guidance and assistance with Property Planning and Mortgage Strategy has been invaluable. As a young couple ready to take the first steps to buying our first home we feel like we couldn’t be in better hands. No question is too big or too small and they’re always willing to have a chat and re-explain things, at no point did I feel embarrassed about ‘not getting it.’ I didn’t know the first thing about property before working with David and his team. Buying my first home is a big step in my life and I’m glad I have David in my corner. Would highly recommend!
Rachel, Flemington VIC
PPA provides an excellent service – extremely knowledgeable, efficient, and responsive, with great communication and a ‘can do’ attitude
Warrick, Waverton NSW
Highly recommend Property Planning Australia. Ryan and the team understood what we were looking at, helped refine our decisions and came up with a few solutions to maximise our position. Fast and accurate.
Jess, Glandore SA
Buying your first home can be pretty stressful, so a massive thanks goes to the team at Property Planning Australia for guiding my wife and I every step of the way! The team were professional, easy to deal with, responsive and best of all they’re experts at what they do, so I had full faith they were working for me to secure me the best home loan deal on the market. Great work PPA, I can’t recommend you highly enough!
Tom, Macleod VIC
I couldn’t speak more highly of a company! The entire team at property planning Australia were absolutely amazing. My partner and I felt SO supported throughout the whole process. The communication throughout was outstanding, from regular email updates to phone calls to confirm appointments and to check in to see how we were going.
Courtney, Cheltenham VIC
Loan products have evolved significantly since the deregulation of the banking industry in the 1980s. This creates opportunity if you know where to find it. Your Mortgage and Money Management Strategy has a long-term and lasting impact on property, financial and opportunity costs.
Does your Mortgage Broker provide education and help you plan for life’s major property decisions?
One of the biggest financial killers is selling property!
An effective Mortgage Strategy will:
- Allow you to hold property while acquiring new assets
- Stabilise your financial situation during life’s changing circumstances
- Optimise tax deductions you can legitimately claim
- Allow you to take control of your money management and manage your risk
- Optimise the use of offset accounts
If you get it wrong, the opportunity cost will increase dramatically.
Understanding your loan structure and how it interacts with your day-to-day banking is vital to success.
Integrating feedback loops to enhance your Money Management will create superior savings habits, reduce interest, limit spending and manage risk.
It is time to learn how an effective Mortgage Strategy underpins your life’s property and money management decisions.
Welcome to our series, ‘Mortgage Strategy 101’ – where we uncover why strategy is more important than your interest rate! Mortgage Strategy is the art of managing your money, debt, tax and risk to maximise your property and financial success. In this video, David breaks down the Top 5 Mortgage Strategies and why they are a critical foundation for your financial and property success.
To learn more about mortgage strategy, watch more episodes on Resources page
Are you interested to learn more? Book personalised strategic mortgage broking review with a member of our team today.
This is logical given:
- Your mortgage is your largest financial commitment
- Your banking set up is where all of your income and expenditure is managed
Yet the focus is often on the interest rate – the simplest aspect to comprehend.
An effective banking and Mortgage Strategy can create enormous peace of mind, empowering you to take control of your Money and Risk Management.
What is the point of growing your wealth and improving your lifestyle if you cannot sleep at night?
They sell products and the interest rate. This is to your detriment. No one focuses on Risk Management as part of the mortgage conversation.
It makes sense to seek specialist
advice for accumulating
your largest financial asset.
Read David’s articles written for Domain.com.au & Australian Financial Review
Why doesn’t the mortgage industry focus on Mortgage Strategy?
Mortgage Strategy is the art of managing your money, debt, tax and risk to maximise your property and financial success.
The importance of your Mortgage Strategy is underestimated and misunderstood due to the focus on interest rates.
Strategy – Determine the strategy that is right for you.
Select – Select a lender that suits your mortgage strategy and with a great rate.
1. Do you have a money management system in place?
2. Do you have a mortgage strategy that will optimise holding properties into the future?
3. Do you have strategies in place to legally maximise your investment deductions?
4. Do you want to understand how your loan structure can be set up to help you manage risk?
5. Do you optimise the use of offset accounts to enhance the benefits of your mortgage strategy?
6. Is it possible you might turn your current home into an investment property in the future?
7. Do you only have investment debt but plan to purchase a home in the future?
8. Do you have a complex loan and banking structure that you would like to simplify to provide you with clarity and to ensure you are maximising your future opportunities?
9. Do you currently own, or plan to own more than one property and would like to optimise your mortgage strategy to support you on your journey?
10. Do you understand cross-collateralisation?
11. Do you plan to start a family or have more children?
12. Do you want to consider the pro’s and con’s of one lender verses multiple lenders?
13. Will you be on one income at some stage in the future?
14. Do you have a mixture of deductible and non-deductible debt in the same loan?
15. Would you like to understand the ‘purpose test’ to ensure you do not fall foul of the ATO, and to enable you to maximise your investment interest?
16. Do you redraw cash for personal spending from an investment loan?
17. Do you want to understand how to utilise equity to invest?
18. Would you like to better understand how to take advantage of future investment opportunities that may arise?
19. Would you like to review refinance opportunities that may be available to you?
20. Do you plan to purchase shares/managed funds in the future, or currently own shares/managed funds which you funded from cash savings?
Interest rates, the elephant in the room
Your Mortgage Strategy is vital to property success
If you want the lowest interest rate you need to refinance weekly, as the best rate is always changing. Most lenders have almost identical products and similar rates. We will obtain a great rate, actively manage your Mortgage Strategy, assist with Property Planning and provide exceptional customer service.
Always searching for the lowest rate is as futile as thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence because your rate won’t be the lowest in a week or two!
Did you know comparison sites, mortgage brokers and lenders all access the same rates?
Interest rate competitiveness fluctuates between lenders and products month to month. Selecting a specialist should be based on their ability to provide an intelligent Mortgage Strategy, supported by ‘award winning’ customer service.
A poor Mortgage Strategy will cost you more than a poor interest rate.
It is not just about the rate today, but what the rate will be in the future.
Has your lender or mortgage broker ever initiated an improved interest rate for you with the same lender?
After visiting several banks to discuss my options for building my first home I was left confused, anxious and disappointed. A work colleague then referred me to Property Planning Australia and they were fantastic! I filled in a couple of forms and they did all the hard work for me; and they explained everything in plain English. They also regularly negotiate a lower home loan interest rate for me which is great. I highly recommend Property Planning Australia.
The ‘lowest or best rate’ is a thing of make believe, made up by the advertising gurus!
What is a Mortgage Broker?
Someone who saves you time researching mortgage products. They should have access to at least twenty different lenders.
Only a Strategic Mortgage Broker will help you to develop a Mortgage Strategy.
Why use a Mortgage Broker?
- Mortgage Brokers have access to exactly the same interest rates, products and fees as a lender direct and the website comparison sites.
- Mortgage Brokers have a legal duty to act in your best interests, lenders do not!
- Mortgage Brokers are held to a higher level of regulation and compliance by ASIC than employees of lenders and they must provide you with a Credit Proposal.
- Once upon a time, there was little choice beyond the major banks. Using a mortgage broker is a vote for choice remaining, and not being taken away.
- A great Mortgage Broker saves you significant time and leg work. They inform and educate you and provide excellent customer service.
- A great Mortgage Broker provides ongoing support and advice.
We overlay this with in depth Mortgage Strategy and Property Planning all supported by our ‘award winning’ Private Banking service.
How do lenders derive an income from Mortgage Brokers?
Exactly the same way they do when you take out a loan direct – the earnings from your interest rate, savings and fees.With loans originated by a mortgage broker, lenders earn this income without paying for marketing, employee salaries and business overheads.
No wonder most lenders, with the exception of the majors, do not have a branch network and ONLY use mortgage brokers – imagine the savings!
How does a Mortgage Broker get paid?
A Mortgage Broker receives a fee from the lender your loan is placed with. A Mortgage Broker can access the same rates and products as when you deal with the lender direct. Half of all mortgages in Australia are originated by Mortgage Brokers.
A Strategic Mortgage Broker does a whole lot more than just find a lender, product and a rate!
How do I find a Mortgage Broker?
You are not looking for an average mortgage broker.
The better question is how do you find a Strategic Mortgage Broker?
You have now found a Strategic Mortgage Broker.
A faulty mortgage strategy will cost you money from the day of settlement.
This cannot be reversed – only rectified from now!
Book a personalised strategic mortgage broking review with our team today and explore your options.