Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent
We collect personal information about you, to provide you with our Property Planning Service, Mortgage Strategy Service, to source for you consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes, or commercial credit for business purposes or to support a guarantor application that you will provide. The information is required to assist us in assessing and preparing a Property Plan, Mortgage Strategy, loan application and locating an appropriate lender. If your information is not provided prior to our initial consultation, we may not be able to have a meaningful meeting. Any reference to ‘we, us, our’ are to the broker, our staff and will include reference to our aggregator Connective Broker Services Pty Ltd and any of it’s related companies (‘Connective’).
How we protect your information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or exposure. All Connective staff are required by the terms of their employment to maintain the confidentiality of customer information. Access to your information is restricted to those employees whose job requires that information. Access to our premises and computer systems is restricted through locks, password protection, internet firewalls and routers.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles. In 2018 we underwent a full cyber security review with our IT company and two independent consultants and we review our cyber security arrangement every 6 months. We have confirmation that we maintain some of the highest standards set out by the Australian Cyber Security Centre as confirmed by our IT contractors. Among some of the measures in place are multifactor authentication, advanced threat protection, password encryption, secure external DNS lookups and all Microsoft security patches applied within 48 hours of release. Any personal data collected is accessible by our offshore team in Nepal for processing and is stored in the cloud, the same procedures apply to our offshore team.
Stringent procedures ensure that your personal data is protected at all times. In the extremely unlikely event that we suspect that there has been a data breach that may cause you serious harm, we will take all reasonable steps to assess if your data has been accessed or lost, and if this information being accessed or lost may cause you serious harm. This assessment will always be completed expeditiously and within 30 days. If we find that there has been a data breach that has the potential to cause you serious harm, this will be reported to the Office of the Information Commissioner and you directly.
Your information – Collection and Disclosure
The personal information we collect may include a broad range of information from your name, address, and contact details to other information about your qualifications, employment history and financial information.
“Personal information” may include any sensitive information (including health information) and may include any information you tell us about any vulnerability you may have. We may use that information to assess your application and, where appropriate, to source a suitable credit provider or lessor and / or insurance provider. We may, as appropriate:
- Disclose your identification information to a consumer credit reporting service (“Consumer CRS”) and/or a commercial credit reporting service (“Commercial CRS”), where we hold your consent, (refer Schedule 1).
- Use any information a CRS provides in its report to assist us to preliminarily assess your credit or guarantor application (references to a “CRS” could be to either a Consumer CRS or a Commercial CRS).
- Disclose your information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain; and
- Disclose your information to our advisers, aggregators, licensees and other financial intermediaries, a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf.
Some of the recipients to whom we disclose your personal information may be based overseas. It is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients are located but it is likely that such countries will include the Philippines, India and Nepal.
Should you proceed with our ‘multi-award winning’ Property Planning and mortgage services, we may collect from and disclose your information to other organisations to fulfil the purposes identified (or reasons related to those purposes) in this agreement. We may also contact various organisations that have information about you and your associated companies to obtain information needed to provide our services. The types of organisations may include:
- Lenders, credit providers, mortgage insurers, valuers, our aggregator, deposit bond providers, insurance providers and other mortgage intermediaries.
- Credit reporting agencies (such as Equifax).
- Government organisations as requested by law.
- Other organisations who assist us (eg: printers, mailing houses, lawyers, document custodians, securitisers, computer systems consultants or providers, debt collectors, accountants, agents and contractors – some of which may be located overseas).
- Your appointed advisors (such as your solicitor, conveyancer, accountant, financial planner real estate agent, buyer’s advocate, your partner or any persons acting on your behalf.
- Your employers (employment and salary confirmation or an employment letter).
- Your partner, guarantor(s) or any persons acting on your behalf.
- Nextpurchase.com.au and Gameplans.com.au developers and staff (if you have signed on to these platforms)
- Any other organisations not mentioned above which hold information about you that we require to provide our services.
- Any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a director.
By asking us to assist, you consent to the collection and use of the information you have provided to us for the purposes described above.
Enquiries and complaints
If you have any questions about privacy at Property Planning Australia or would like to enquire or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com . You are entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised or that Property Planning Australia has breached the Privacy Act, or an applicable code. If you make a complaint, Property Planning Australia will respond within 48 hours to let you know who is responsible for managing your complaint.
This email may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, distribution and use are prohibited; please notify us immediately and delete this email from your systems. Property Planning Australia records and stores emails sent to us or our affiliates in keeping with our internal policies and procedures.