We recorded a special Covid-19 Podcast yesterday to keep all of our listeners updated with some of the latest news, as we attempt to navigate the rapidly changing financial and property market landscape. In this special episode
Cate, Peter and Dave take you through:
- A detailed update on the status of the financial markets as they are lead indicators for what is ahead and help us to look beyond the near-term. In the last few days, we have seen a significant share market rebound off the back of the US $2trillion (USD) stimulus package, including the single largest day jump in history in the US.
- A historical stock market comparison. We provide perspective as to how well the market is holding up, in comparison to other key periods in history.
- How the Shanghai stock exchange has fallen and recovered.
- Information about the government stimulus package.
- The support being provided to SME’s, the temporarily unemployed and vulnerable consumers.
- The vital role the banks are playing, with great assistance from the RBA, including reducing interest rates and buying up bonds to keep rates low.
- How YOU can build your own bridge of liquidity through to the other side.
- Real-life examples of the impact on landlords and renters.
- And of course, our ‘gold nuggets’ to get you through this period.
We hasten to say that first and foremost, Covid-19 is a major public health issue, that has severely impacted economic activity, essentially due to the lack of personal mobility.
The resounding message is that this is temporary. The reality is that Covid-19 will have an end date. Once mobility resumes, the economy will resume, and in all likelihood, at a faster rate than ever in history.
Let’s each build our liquidity bridge and support one another, SME businesses and owner’s, as the largest employer of Australians, those who are temporarily out of work, and the vulnerable on our way through to the other side.
We wish you and your families the best of health and say a big thank you to all our health workers during this time.