Do you have a mortgage strategy for your largest expense in your lifetime – or have you focused on a short-term win – your interest rate?
What if I told you that you can have the best of both worlds, a great mortgage strategy AND interest rate!
In our ninth episode, the Property Planner, Buyer and Professor dissect “Why your mortgage strategy is more important than your interest rate”.
This isn’t simply about paying down your mortgage faster. Everyone understands that!
Listen to David Johnston, Cate Bakos and Peter Koulizos as they take you through the key mortgage strategies that the mortgage industry neglects, resulting in a lack of awareness for consumers, and the critical mistakes to avoid.
- Why you need to get your mortgage strategy right today.
- The more properties you own (or want to own), the more important your mortgage strategy is.
- The 5 core mortgage strategies.
- Money Management.
- Optimising use of your offset account – the grease that spins the wheels.
- Should you fix or stay variable?
- What is the difference between offset and redraw?
- When does your mortgage strategy need to be updated?
- Mortgage strategy is ongoing, with each property decision – whether you are buying, selling, renovating, developing – you name it!
- Holding properties as you accumulate more.
- Cross-collateralisation: why splitting your loans between lenders is the cure for the worst disease.
- When might you have to sell and what can risk management do?
- Simplify your banking – multiple properties but less loans and less lender fees.
- How can you keep your current home when you upgrade?
- The basic ‘no frills’ home loan – why a lower rate doesn’t mean more money in your pocket.
- How can you tap into equity?
- How often should you refinance?
- Fun fact: you are more likely to change partners after the age of 35 than you are to change your bank.
The Property Professor’s tip: you need to make sure you pick the right strategic mortgage broker to help you with your own mortgage strategy, because everyone is different and everyone’s circumstances are different.
The Property Planner’s tip: make sure you work with a mortgage broker who will provide you with education on how to connect your money management system with offset accounts and mortgage strategy.