The highlights from last weekend’s auction results are below. In many regards they are click and repeat each week at the moment:
- The national auction clearance rate was 83.2%, holding steady from last week’s 84.5%. This time last year was 65.3%.
- Auction volumes increase, as expected with a total of 2,232 auctions held, compared with 1,587 last week due to 4 states enjoying a public holiday long weekend. Auction volumes remain on par with last year’s 2,274. This is a number to watch to see if it increases given the strength in the marketplace.
- Perth achieves a preliminary clearance rate of 100% – almost unheard of, but this was because only 17 auctions were held whilst the state elections took place.
- For the seventh week in a row, Canberra, Adelaide and Sydney return clearances above 80%. Melbourne has continued last week’s comeback to the above 80% clearance rate. Above 80% tells us that us this is a rapidly moving market which, by now, is very clear.
- All capital city clearance rates continue to be higher than this time last year.
Check out last weekend’s results – 8 March 2021
Check out the most recent auction results from CoreLogic
If you’d like to discuss your property plans or mortgage strategy, please get in touch with us here.