Teachers Mutual- Covid-19 customer support
How can we help as strategic mortgage brokers?
Here are some ways that we can help as your strategic mortgage broker:
- Refinancing to a lower interest rate or interest-only repayments, especially whilst your income is unchanged.
- Releasing equity to give you cashflow if your income may be affected.
- Debt consolidation to make repayments manageable.
- Advice regarding your mortgage or buying a new property.
Now is the best time in your lifetime to refinance and save yourself interest, increase cash flow and maximise your cash runway.
Call us on 1300 896 045, email us directly or contact us here.
How can we help as a private banking team?
- Help you with extending your Interest only period with the bank and assist you through the process.
- Help you with fixing your loans to get the best of the rates cut offs that have been passed on by RBA.
- Negotiate better discounts from the banks for your loans.
- Contact lender to see what they are offering for mortgage relief.
- Remember, if you ever have any questions or need assistance with your lending, please feel free to contact us anytime. Think of us as your private banker for all of your lending needs.
An update from Teachers Mutual bank
Members of the Teachers Mutual Bank Limited divisions who are experiencing financial difficulty due to loss of employment or reduction in income as a result of COVID-19, have access to a number of options depending on their circumstances, under the Bank’s COVID-19 assistance package. This is detailed on the Teachers Mutual website here. Each case is assessed by the Credit Assistance team.
While other options are available, the two main elements of the assistance package are:
- Where you are not in arrears, a Repayment Pause, which is a contractual variation, may be available. This defers repayments for up to three months with a review after three months. In these cases the customer requests a Repayment Pause. This can be done by sending an email with evidence of their loss of employment or reduced income needs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where you are in arrears or do not qualify for a Repayment Pause, Financial Hardship may apply. In these cases the customer will need to complete the Credit Assistance Application Form, available on the Teachers Mutual website, and send it to Teachers Mutual via email to email@example.com
Members can also contact the Credit Assistance team on 1800 862 265 from 8.30am to 5.00pm weekdays (Sydney time).
The Property Planner, Buyer and Professor
74+ 5tar Reviews, Over 100,000+ Downloads
Subscribe to “The Property Planner, Buyer and Professor” Newsletter
Email us your questions or any topics you would like to be covered off on in future episodes:
Follow the podcast on social media