Listen and subscribe
Pete’s market update highlights the extra pressure that could be placed on our available rental stock as a direct result of the Chinese government’s new requirement for international students to be domiciled in the nation of which they are sourcing their higher education from.
Cate reminds listeners about the root causes for our dire rental situation in our nation and she discusses the misconception in the media about the root cause of the issue.
Dave discusses an interesting consideration that our Labour government is driving in relation to pensioners and retirees selling their family home. Greater incentives in relation to tax and superannuation treatment of windfalls. The age of eligibility has dropped now to 55 and vendors are permitted to make a one-off, post-tax contribution into their superannuation. These changes will support more down-sizers to sell and will hence free up more well-located property in the established areas.
- Ep. 9: Why mortgage strategy is more important than your interest rate
- Ep. 34: No mortgage strategy (4 of the top 7 critical mistakes)
- Ep. 48: Offset accounts; God’s gift to mortgage strategy
- Ep. 99: Cross collateralisation
- Ep. 184: Interest only vs principle and interest