With new home loan commitments hitting new record highs each month, it was timely to turn our thoughts back to mortgage strategy, a critical and often overlooked avenue for wealth creation and protection. David caught up with good friend and podcast co-host, Cate Bakos to discuss “Using mortgage strategy to create wealth” on Property TV.
Tune in as they discuss:
- The difference between having a mortgage and a mortgage strategy.
- The 5 categories of mortgage strategy to support wealth creation and risk management.
- The personal considerations to factor in when devising your mortgage strategy.
- How to manage risk during periods of life with reduced or fluctuating income and other risk management strategies to incorporate in your mortgage strategy.
- How your future Property Plans and purchases help to shape your mortgage strategy.
- How and why your mortgage strategy provides wealth creation opportunities right through to retirement.
- The common areas overlooked when people don’t have a mortgage strategy.
- The dangers of short-term thinking.
- Why determining mortgage strategy should be your first step, then lender and rate selection should follow.
- The false economies to beware of when making mortgage decisions.
- How to preserve your tax deductions for future purchases.
- Top tips for those seeking a mortgage in 2021.
If you’d like to discuss your property plans or mortgage strategy, please get in touch with us here.